IGBT Power Electronics Engineer – Houston, Texas
About the IGBT Job
Are you dynamic and inventive with exceptional ideas and the need to be challenged? If so, this is your opportunity to join world-class innovative brand.
With a rich heritage of cutting-edge design, we is renowned for creating ground-breaking and stylistic solutions to everyday problems.
We are now seeking a Power Electronics Engineer to join our team, challenge the norm and help to develop and evolve our range of products.
As a Power Electronics Engineer, you will be responsible for supporting the development of IGBT power and control hardware.
Joining our amazing Research Design and Development Department, you’ll design and develop IGBT power electronics drive circuits from initial concept through to production and implementation.
You’ll devise techniques and concepts to provide brand new technical solutions and use modern test equipment to measure and analyse IGBT power electronic circuitry. Additionally, you’ll communicate test results throughout the department and help to troubleshoot any issues.
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, you must have:
· Power electronics experience including power MOSFETs, IGBTs, driver circuits and/or ICs and diodes (mains and low voltage)
· Experience of device selection, including the interpretation of datasheets and knowledge of IGBT design methods to confidently select the lowest cost devices while achieving reliability targets
· Thermal design experience, including surface mount and through hole devices, heat sinking, insulating and/or mounting and airflow
· Digital and analogue hardware experience including microprocessors, voltage and/or current sensing methods
· Experience of PCB layouts, including size vs cost minimisation while achieving layouts for inherently good EMC compliance and thermal design
· Experience of DFMEA
As a Power Electronics Engineer, you will be a creative and courageous fresh-thinker with a plethora of unique ideas and the determination to make a difference.
Don’t miss out on this rare opportunity to grow your career, push the boundaries of technology and develop your way of thinking with one of the world’s most exciting brands.
To apply for the role of Power Electronics Engineer please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org